Thursday, January 20, 2011

My bad!

Haven't blogged in over a week. Problem is that I actually have to be home to post something and usually that's around 3am. As you could see from my last post, blogging when drunk is not as great an idea as you think at that time. The reason why I'm never at home is that I'm always at my friend's place and it is so much nicer than my room. I'll probably be there all the time until they charge me for rent.

Macao so far has been great it's just too small to really do different stuff each day. Thats why we kind of party and drink and eat and party all the time. (Mom, if you're reading this, I go to class and the library as well. Those are the only places I can sleep at. It's so nice and quiet there.)

My neighbors have this baby that keeps waking me up. There is just no way in shutting that baby up! So I sleep with headphones on and hope that I will hear my alarm when I wake-up. (That baby is one of the reasons why I sleep during class. The other one reason is that all the professors have such a monotone voice, I could get rich if I taped it and sold it to people with insomnia. You'll fall asleep within 10 minutes GUARANTEED!)

There is a shortcut from my house that leads though a small alleyway but saves me maybe 15 minutes in walking. During daytime it was really easy to navigate through the maze of small roads. However during the night and my intoxicated state it was a whole new ballgame. Me and my friend Anthony walked there with all these mean-looking straight-out-of-Resident-Evil dogs barking at us and we just got completely lost. We ended up taking a route that took us much longer than if we would've taken the normal road. According to another exchange student we must have passed a psychiatric ward as well. It is Macao's very own Arkham Asylum.

We got an offer during Chinese Culture to teach english to young monks for 3-6 months in a monastery. In exchange you would not get paid in cash or other riches for ordinary people. No. They would pay us in Shaolin Martial Arts training. Yes that's right. If I had time to do it I would've been Batman after summer. I'm actually a bit saddened by the fact I probably don't have time to take her up on that offer. I mean that would've been the experience of a lifetime. I wonder what kind of superpower they would imbue me with. Super-strength, teleportation and invulnerability would all be fine with me.

This weekend I will be going to Hong Kong to meet up with some friends and to visit the peek. I hope to update more often next week but I'll probably need a few days to sober up first.

'Yes, I know what you're thinking. I like me too' ~ Yeo

No comments:

Post a Comment