Monday, January 3, 2011

Fear Factor without the 50.000 dollar prize

Today was my first day in Macau and no need to say that it was eventful at the very least. It started after arriving in Hong Kong, when after a 12 hour flight I had to sit in a bus for 40 minutes and then a ride on a boat comparable to a one-hour roller coaster without the cool picture when you're screaming your lungs out. Inevitably I was exhausted but sometimes you just gotta man the fuck up and go on.
The exchange students had a introduction lunch and thats when I joined the group. This lunch was nothing compared to the horrors we faced during dinner. If I would have known, I would've eaten a lot more of those Portuguese Egg Tarts (i.e. THESE ARE FRACKING DELICIOUS!!! someone better find a place where they sell it in Amsterdam).
Dinner as mentioned before was not as expected. We were tired and hungry when we arrived at a crappy looking place in the center of Hong Kong. The dishes started off pretty nice with some egg and shrimps, sweet and sour pork, but this was just a small diversion to what was coming. Maggots as thick as my thumb, the tongue of a duck (which wasn't even that bad), worms hidden in scrambled egg, snake (no fangs), some weird looking creature they caught in the sea (i called it mutated shrimp) and more exotic 'delicacies' that I cannot begin to describe.
Hopefully the rest of the introduction dinners will be less exotic since I can't imagine eating that again. Memorable is probably the only word that would describe my day, even if I wished I could forget it

1 comment:

  1. Keep posting man. It's good to know what's going on. And it's really entertaining too!

    ReplyDelete