Thursday, February 24, 2011

And we will never speak of it again...

Those who have me on facebook probably read that I had a bet going on with one of my Canadian friends. Yesterday was the culmination of this high publicized event but let me inform you why this bet came to fruition.

Alex is one of my Canadian friends and he is a nerd. He goes to the library or computer room every single day and studies. What he studies no one knows but he is there until 3 am sometimes and he never hangs out anymore. Alex has basketball experience (he was on his basketball team!) but says he hasn't been playing for years (not true).
I can never be found in or near a library. Drag me in there and I have no idea how it works. What do you do in a library that you cant do anywhere else like home? I know you cant talk loud in a library so why would anyone want to go there? I have no basketball playing experience whatsoever (I watch a lot and played a lot of nba2k so I considered myself an expert. In reality it is a lot more different.)

For some dumb reason I figured I could beat Alex, dont ask me why but obviously this wasn't true. It was a tight game, but in the end Alex's luck found its way to the basket. I am not ashamed to say Alex beat me fair and square except I'm still better.

After basketball I had jumped enough and proceeded to check out the football cage next to our spot. To say that I was impressed was a lie, because the level of play was not very high. I joined them a few games later and killed all of them. They might still be dizzy from all my high speed moves, not unexpected. I bet I was in some of their nightmares last night wearing a cape. Yes, a cape.

The idea is to go work out more often in these places cause its free and we had a lot of fun. I'll have to learn playing basketball and maybe at the end of the semester me and Alex can have a rematch. As they would say in very cheesy tv-series: To be continued... (play sinister music)

No comments:

Post a Comment