Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chinese New Year: Warzone Macao

First of all, Chinese New Year (CNY) is dangerous. No joke. If you do not have the necessary skills such as dodging, running, screaming (manly) and taking shots (photo) you should not be near China during this period of the year. This is a man's world, so take your baby face and self delusion in football to the nearest kindergarten. 

I've seen my share of fireworks in Amsterdam. When you're younger you do stupid things with fireworks you know you shouldn't do but the Chinese just take it to a whole new level here. They have these designated areas where they sell and set off fireworks. Which in theory controls it a bit but they must have underestimated the sheer amount of people that want to fire some rockets. 

Lets start with the obvious things. Try to store and sell fireworks 50 meters from the place where everyone sets their fireworks on fire. Antoine Dodgson would say: You are really dumb, fo real.
Another thing is the mere mass of people in such a small (explosive) area will surely present dangerous situations. People carrying boxes full of fireworks. Millions of rockets set of at the same time and they are not the rockets your neighbor in Holland sets off with a little bang (no exclamation intended) (actually, try to whisper 'bang'). Noooo sir. These were huge fracking rockets! Their explosions damage your hearing and fill your hair with ash. And they had different colors too!! I <3 blue -_-!! Back to the example. Yes once in a while the rockets would set of other boxes or not go high in the air enough causing dangerous situations. Rockets were flying past my head left and right and were I a weaker man I would've been hit at least once. I yelled: Yeo, evade! And didn't get hit once.

Apart from the exciting feel of terror that surrounded you in that place of mutilation and unintentional deafness, the fireworks were awesome to look at. Seriously I saw fireworks in star-shape, round-shaped with a extra circle wrapped around it and different colors! It was impressive to see so much different kinds of firework. I lit up some rockets too and after that played with children's fireworks. They seemed pretty harmless to me and I never underestimate my keen ability to screw things up. 

The holiday is over now and were back to class. I actually have to do stuff for school now and it is not making me happy...

Used my stupidity credit yesterday on trying to pee and brush my teeth at the same time. I recommend to anyone who is curious not to do it.

I'm still here

No comments:

Post a Comment