Monday, May 23, 2011

Finals? Final post in Macau

We have arrived at the conference finals of the NBA and the playoffs have been amazing this year.

The Heat have a lot of haters and it's something I dont understand. In football it is not uncommon to play together with great players therefor I dont have the same aversion against them as some people do. It's great to see if superstars like Wade and James can make it work together. For example it seems that Chris Bosh still hasnt really found his rhythm yet and he has to if they want to beat the Bulls. I think they will win the series though. Wade and James will not have bad games at the same time again like in Game 1 and if they get it going not even Tom Thibodeau's defensive system will stop it. Heat in 6

Thunder vs Mavs is exciting too to me. If you read my previous post I was spot on on the Thunder vs Grizz series (I was dead wrong on Lakers - Mavs but who wasnt...). I like the Thunder, a young and upcoming team with talented players. That said, the Mavs are a savvy bunch with a lot of experience. I think the Mavs in 6 although I hope they dont. Let's hope KD gets some more of these!



Besides the NBA this post will be the last one in Macau. Tomorrow I'll say: See you later (No goodbyes) to Macau. You have been good to me and I'll miss it dearly.

After Macau I'm off to Indonesia, the country of my closest ancestors (parents) and the country where most of my family resides. I talked about it sometimes that the situation some of us are in, leaves us with no real country. In the Netherlands you're not white so you're not really dutch. I feel dutch though because I grew up there and I think in dutch. In Indonesia they say I'm not Indonesian. I grew up in the Netherlands and I look Chinese. Im not Chinese either since I dont speak it. But I feel at home when I come to Indonesia. And I dont feel like an outcast when I'm in China.
So what is it? Maybe I just got the best of both worlds: Asian and European/Western culture. Whatever it is it made me the way I am today and I'm happy with that. Isnt that what it is all about?

2 comments:

  1. well... at least kamu ada tempat yang buat kamu fikir/rasa macam di umah(rumah)...


    hope ur indonesian gets better... i'm so going back to speak malay to myself again(as in when ure back to netherlands).. that sucks.

    ReplyDelete