Wednesday, May 4, 2011

NBA

It's 8:30 am. I'm awake after writing some reports and I still have one left. After seeing it was almost 7, I realized it was almost time for the NBA games. No reason not to watch and blog about it. So if you don't like basketball you can just skip this post cuz you will probably not understand.

First of all, congrats to Derrick Rose of being voted MVP of the regular season. A great player and has an image that is very likable to a lot of people but in my opinion not the MVP of this season. Dont get me wrong, Rose has had a great season. Led his team to the league's best record even with the injuries to Boozer and Noah, two important players on that team. But I think that Chicago's record had more to do with coach Thibodeau's extremely good defensive strategy and overall coaching.
Statistically Rose is close but still behind Lebron's numbers. Howard had a great season with a very mediocre supporting cast finishing fourth in the Eastern Conference. I'm not saying they should be MVP but a 22 yr old score first point guard who takes way too many shots, wouldn't be my MVP. Enough though about this though. I do understand why they picked him but I just don't agree that is all :p

So the game is pretty exciting and I dont want to spoil anything so let's just keep that for later.

The commercials on US television are pretty fun though. They got Burger King commercials followed by cholesterol decreasing pills commercials. Great timing on the commercial programming part. Eat your triple burger with extra cheese and have a cholesterol pill after. Should be a regular combo at your local BK now.

The playoffs have been exciting so far with the Memphis upset of San Antonio leading the way. Zach Randolph has been an absolute beast and has been the post-season MVP thus far in my eyes. That series with OKC should be very interesting. I like both teams, but I've kinda been rooting for the young guys from the Thunder the whole year so I hope they win. OKC in 7

Mavs - Lakers? If the bigs from LA stay healthy I think they'll eventually edge the Mavs out even though they lost game 1. Lakers in 7

Man, someone needs to slap me on the head tomorrow for staying up all night and still watching some basketball games. I'm enjoying it though so it's allright. There is no excuse for not enjoying ones self.

2 comments: